I love Chinese food and my Sunday roast yesterday was replaced by a home-made Chinese meal! It was a very successful experiment packed with so many different flavours. One of the favourite dishes on the table was carrots a la Chinoise, easy and quick to make. Here is my recipe and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
For serving four people you would need following ingredients:
- 1 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange juice (or pineapple juice or just water)
- half teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- half teaspoon pepper
How to do it:
- Heat sesame oil on medium-high heat; add and mix carrots, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, juice (or water) and ginger until soft. Reduce heat, cover and cook at a simmer and stir until carrots are crisp-tender .
- Add and stir in the honey.
- To finish it up add the sesame seeds. Season with pepper and salt, if needed.
- Serve and enjoy!